Lonely Planet Best of India is your passport to the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see and jump through, and what hidden discoveries await you.
See the iconic Taj Mahal, ride a camel through a magical desert scene in Jaisalmer or visit the famous beaches of Goa, all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet the best of India:
- Full color maps and images.
- Attractions and itineraries will help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
- Tips to save time and money and move around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential information at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, traffic tips, prices.
- Honest reviews for all budgets: eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden jewelry that most guides don't see.
- Cultural knowledge offers you a more enriching and rewarding travel experience: history, art, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, customs, etiquette, religion.
- More than 50 color maps.
Delhi, Agra, the Taj Mahal, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Mumbai, Ajanta, Ellora, Goa,